Monday, August 30, 2010

Till Whenever Do Us Part...

I recently went on a road trip with my late 70-something grandparents, which was no small fete. It was entertaining and at times insanely fun. On the ride home, my grandmother bought an Elle magazine. She never actually reads the articles, but rather looks at the pictures to "see what's in for the fall". She is fascinated by fashion and trends, and although she has no intention to follow the evolution of fashion, she is enthralled by the feathers, metallics and crazy high heels.

She left the magazine in my car and I read an article tonight on marriage and divorce in America. Rachael Combe's "Til Whenever Do Us Part" made me laugh and cry--it was so beautifully,wittily wonderful.

My favorite line:

"The point of living isn't to be in a perpetual state of fairy-tale ecstasy; it's to find the meaning of life, the meaning of your life."

A runner-up:

"I learned at eight what most people don't know at 48: that even those you love most dearly and depend on most completely are profoundly flawed; that even someone who loves you to the fullest extent of their capacity can hurt and disappoint you more than you imagine possible."

If you have the chance, definitely look this article up--it changed my perspective on SO much!

XOXO always, Muff

No comments:

Post a Comment