Tuesday, October 25, 2011

amazing gorgonzola dip

I love making dips...they are so easy and it is fun to come up with a new creation. Last weekend I "invented" a new one to try when my BFF Tinabells came over. Here is what you will need:

1 package of cream cheese (NOT LIGHT!)
1/3 cup of sour cream
1 cup of gorgonzola crumbles
1 cup of chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste

Start with melting the cream cheese for about one minute in the microwave. Then add the sour cream and mix. Add about a half teaspoon of salt and pepper. Then add your chopped green onion. Finally, stir in the gorgonzola crumbles. Put dip in the fridge for about 2 hours. Then serve!

I used sliced gala apples and pita chips to serve with this dip. I love gorgonzola, which is a blue cheese from Italy that is soft and had a bit of a "bite" to it, but you can also use regular blue cheese. This was a totally random group of ingredients, but it turned out delicious. I wouldn't use light cream cheese, but you could definitely swap the sour cream for a lighter version. Same with the gorgonzola. I think it would also be good with dried cranberries in it, but I didn't have any at my house.

So delicious! I made it again last night when my family came over to watch the world series game. GO CARDINALS!



Next up with my recipe sharing is my friend Mimi's famous oatmeal bars with mixed preserves. Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment